Retro-Spective

shot_jessiemartin1 age5 (2) Jessie Martin Age 5

I've been looking so long at these pictures of you
That I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you
That I almost believe that the pictures are
All I can feel*

 I took this picture from an old photograph of my mother. She was all of five years old. I believe that I have another post with a better and clearer replica of it, but I downloaded a “Retro Camera” on my mobile phone and thought it might be interesting to take a shot of a very old photograph and make it look even more antique than it already was. I did not expect it to come out even this well, considering that it is a picture of a picture and taken on a phone camera, but some images are so powerful that they overwhelm even technical devices. I think about my mother a lot. I miss her, and this photograph reminds me of how lovely she was and also how her image is fading from my memory. I am glad that I took the picture.  She was a beautiful little girl, and I hope that her spirit is as light now as it was in this photograph. 

Remembering
You how you used to be
Slow drowned
You were angels
So much more than everything
Hold for the last time then slip away quietly
Open my eyes
But I never see anything

If only I'd thought of the right words
I could have held on to your heart
If only I'd thought of the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart
All my pictures of you*

*--“Pictures of You” excerpt of Lyrics by The Cure

Comments

  1. lovely..and the image is made only more intimate with this app.

    x..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie. I appreciate your saying that, really.
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts