Morning Glorious

Ciao Bellas

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

All Praises Sing

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

The Center of Somone's World

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

Three Sisters

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

~ e.e. cummings ~

(Complete Poems 1904-1962)

Comments

  1. Are these flowers glorious? I took a picture a couple of years ago of one of them and it appeared lighted from the inside out, just like yours. I wonder what they would tell us if we listened to them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you adore e.e. cummings' exuberance with words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Delphyne. Thanks for stopping in. Yes I love that quality of morning glories. No matter what mood I am in, I need only walk out the door and look at them and I am suddenly smiling. I love the "inner light" they bear. I am sure they have some secret for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meri,
    Yes, I have always loved Edward Estlin Cummings, even when he writes politically his words have such deep impact but of course poems like this just make you want to burst with joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts