To Float With Light

lantern-floating By Jered OdegardLantern floating by Jered Odegard www.flickr.com/photos/jeredodegard/4070156541/in/faves-30561723@N0 (via pixdaus.com)

Still, what I want in my life

is to be willing

to be dazzled ~

to cast aside the weight of facts

and maybe even

to float a little

above this difficult world.

I want to believe I am looking

into the white fire of a great mystery.

Reference: Excerpt from “Snake”

Oliver, Mary. House of Light. Boston: Beacon Press, 1990.

Comments

  1. First of all, I love th photgraph of the lights floating. I see water here often, don't I? In your headers and in many posts. I like the last line of the thought. To look into the white fire.... Great thought. Makes me want to go out and have such an experience, but I know I can't create this, it must find me and just 'happen'.
    Nanka describes a wonderful ceremony. I would love to see that as it were happening.
    This was a very nice visit here this morning. So wonderful to speak with you the other day.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts