There Are Lots of Ways to Dance

“If I Were” by Mary Oliver

There are lots of ways to dance and

to spin, sometimes it just starts my

feet first then my entire body, I am

spinning no one can see it but it is

happening. I am so glad to be alive, I am so glad to be loving and loved.

Even if I were close to the finish, even if I were at my final breath, I

would be here to take a stand, bereft

of such astonishments, but for them.

If I were a Sufi for sure I would be one of the spinning kind.

From A Thousand Mornings, Mary Oliver’s new collection. All rights reserved

Linked with Postcards from Paradise on Recuerda mi Corazon

Alchemy Spinning -Sufi Dance at Boom Festival 2012 from Raquel Boluda on Vimeo.

Dancer Raquel Boluda dances by the shore of the lake at Boom Festival 2012, right after dancing a prayerformance at Liminal Village's main stage.

Camera: Velcrow Ripper
Music: Tidal Dance, O Yuki Conjugate

Comments

Popular Posts