The Other Side Of Syria

5 minutes of Syria from Ruslan Fedotow on Vimeo.

Video from journey

You suppose you are the trouble
But you are the cure
You suppose that you are the lock on the door
But you are the key that opens it
It's too bad that you want to be someone else
You don't see your own face, your own beauty
Yet, no face is more beautiful than yours.

Rumi

 

Following the recent events that took place in Syria, people all over the world used to see this country like it presented by media. I have been twice there and can assure you Syria is a wonderful land with its age-old traditions and unique culture. First, I came to Syria together with my friends in August 2010. That's exactly when I shot my first video about the place. Later Blake Whitman showed it on vimeo.com HD channel. The movie was warmly met and watched by a great number of people, what gave me an opportunity to take part in another project in Syria in February this year. It was a documentary about the country made in 20 days. I was DOP in a second unit. The video you see I made together with my friend from my Syrian shot here, at home. I wish people remembered Syria a great and marvelous country like it really is! Thank you!

 

In truth everything and everyone
Is a shadow of the Beloved,
And our seeking is His seeking
And our words are His words...
We search for Him here and there,
while looking right at Him.
Sitting by His side, we ask:
'O Beloved, where is the Beloved?'

Rumi

 

We Bless the People of Syria and offer them our hearts and our hope for a brighter future. I am grateful for this videographer and these beautiful films which show us the real Syria, one of warmth, beauty, deep tradition and courageous people. Let us remember the people of Syria this way when we hear about them in the news, remember these faces, these smiles, this laughter. these lives worth so very much to all.

Comments

Popular Posts