A Virgin A Day 11: Madonna of the Meadow (Madonna del Prato)

giovanni-bellini-madonna-of-the-meadow-(madonna-del-prato)
Giovanni Bellini
ca. 1426, Venice, Italy - ca. 1516, Venice, Italy
School: Italian
Movements:
High-Renaissance
 

She Is Near to My Heart

She is near to my heart as the meadow-flower to the earth; she is
sweet to me as sleep is to tired limbs. My love for her is my life
flowing in its fullness, like a river in autumn flood, running with
serene abandonment. My songs are one with my love, like the murmur
of a stream, that sings with all its waves and current.
Rabindranath Tagore
 
 
Linked with Recuerda mi Corazon and “A Virgin A Day”
A Special Meme from Dec. 1-12 until the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Please Join us and Thank you!
This button takes you to today’s post on Rebecca’s blog

Won’t you participate with us? Just click on the link in the image below
and it will take you to the original post describing “A Virgin A Day” on Recuerda mi Corazon.

Comments

Popular Posts