A Virgin A Day: Madonna and Child With Two Saints (detail)

giovanni-bellini-madonna-and-child-with-two-saints-detail

Giovanni Bellini 

ca. 1426, Venice, Italy - ca. 1516, Venice, Italy
School: Italian
Movements: High Renaissance

 

Behind your image,

below your words,

above your thoughts,

the silence of another world waits.”

John O'Donohue

 

Linked with Recuerda mi Corazon and “A Virgin A Day”

A Special Meme from Dec. 1-12 until the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Please Join us and Thank you!

 

Won’t you participate with us? Just click on the link in the image below

and it will take you to the original post describing “A Virgin A Day” on Recuerda mi Corazon.

Comments

  1. Noelle
    It has been difficult for me to visit/comment. I have tried for several weeks. Apparently my browser isn't up to date. Anyway I logged into Google chrome and finally got in to see you. Love your magnificent pictures and feel the words you have chosen to go with all of them.
    Visiting you is worth going through technical changes.
    :)
    Love gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gemma, I am so very glad you told me! And thank you for coming by really. so nice to hear from you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful painting. Such detail. I cannot imagine the artistic ability for such a work. Just stunning. This O'Donohue fellow sure has some wise words. Who knew, (besides you). Very nice.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice! The Madonna appears in many different ways to many different people. You saw her where perhaps others did not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I could die happy now.
    I am not kidding.
    Between the words and the art
    I am torn.
    I LOVE them both♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Madonna is almost androgynous. Never seen this Bellini before. Thank you so much for sharing her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear one....oh i think you could slip the close up in beneath the wisdom of John O'Donohue. something about that ones hands...be still my heart! i love priti's comment
    and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes...something about the gesture of those beautiful hands....like a dove ascending.
    pure grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very interesting painting, the same thoughts came to me as Laurie, you can see both male and female, not uncommon. In any case it is incredibly beautiful as are the words.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts